Recursive Arts Forums
Suggestions!!! - Printable Version

+- Recursive Arts Forums (https://recursivearts.com/community)
+-- Forum: Virtual Piano (https://recursivearts.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Features (https://recursivearts.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Suggestions!!! (/showthread.php?tid=9)

Suggestions!!! - XroSabre - 05-20-2017

I don't know how to explain but something like this.... in that photo, do you see how you change which part on the piano you want to play but instead of 61 keys at a time instead of 17 keys , or something like that , because then you can play more notes also being able to change the way you want the piano to sound , these two things are something i have been looking for a long time you already had lot things i wanted on this piano and having these two features would be something that i haven't found in any virtual piano EVER!!! (And i have looked everywhere) , i don't know how hard its to make these possible but if they were possible you guys would probably be the only one with these features and one final suggestion, is........ Key mapping , why? Because you know how people cant exactly play white and black keys together when mapping is in max because for the songs i play as pretty much need all 61 keys so if you made if possible to map keys in max mapping mode for example people could map the black keys to (,) comma key on the keyboard they wouldn't have to press shift key and the letter and they would be able to play multiple black and white keys together making it possible for people really play virtual piano to its max potential, these 3 ideas would make the PERFECT virtual piano and you guys would become popular because no one would be able to find these features in an virtual piano anywhere else.

RE: Suggestions!!! - Ignacio - 05-22-2017

(05-20-2017, 05:07 PM)XroSabre Wrote: I don't know how to explain but something like this.... in that photo, do you see how you change which part on the piano you want to play but instead of 61 keys at a time instead of 17 keys , or something like that , because then you can play more notes also being able to change the way you want the piano to sound , these two things are something i have been looking for a long time you already had lot things i wanted on this piano and having these two features would be something that i haven't found in any virtual piano EVER!!! (And i have looked everywhere) , i don't know how hard its to make these possible but if they were possible you guys would probably be the only one with these features and one final suggestion, is........ Key mapping , why? Because you know how people cant exactly play white and black keys together when mapping is in max because for the songs i play as pretty much need all 61 keys so if you made if possible to map keys in max mapping mode for example people could map the black keys to (,) comma key on the keyboard they wouldn't have to press shift key and the letter and they would be able to play multiple black and white keys together making it possible for people really play virtual piano to its max potential, these 3 ideas would make the PERFECT virtual piano and you guys would become popular because no one would be able to find these features in an virtual piano anywhere else.

Hi XroSabre. Thanks for your great feedback! Many good ideas there:

1. "Focus on keyboard section (e.g. 17 keys instead of 61)". This is how many mobile piano apps work as it is unpractical to display 61 keys on a small smartphone screen given that keys would be too small to be played via touch gestures. However, I am finding it difficult to see the real benefit when playing using a desktop computer keyboard, unless you mean facilitating access to further octaves beyond the original 61 keys. The later is something I am still trying to find a good solution for, so I will definitely consider your suggestion as a possible option (I was currently considering some transposition buttons).

2. "Change the way you want the piano to sound". Do you mean modifying piano sound parameters such as release time, brightness, etc? or switching to a different instrument sound (e.g. violin, flute). I could definitely implement a brightness control using a real time filter, although I wouldn't want to clutter the interface too much with options that most users won't be normally using. Simplicity is a good thing, don't you think? Smile

3. "Key Mapping". I totally agree that using the shift key to play black keys is quite impractical. That's why I decided to implement the realistic mapping mode with direct access to black keys. Although I had not considered that many users will still want to play existing virtual piano music sheets requiring the "max" mapping. I guess that is your case. Having some custom key mapping using free available keys such as comma, etc. could be a good solution and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Another option could maybe be having an automatic online converter that will turn "max" mapped music into "real" mapped music sheets although some songs might be using more than the three octaves that the real mapping provides?

RE: Suggestions!!! - XroSabre - 05-24-2017

I agree with you on the first point but as for the second point, what i meant was like able to changing the overall pitch of the piano , the same way you have the tempo feature, ( what is brightness control?)
As for the 3rd point i really think the key remapping feature (the max and real mapping are really good as well, when i first saw that feature i was shocked because i have never seen any other virtual piano with such a feature) would make a whole lot of difference , i would love to see such a feature on a piano , it would the a huge difference, and as you said its isn't too hard to implement so i really hope you implement it Big Grin